JA British Columbia (JABC) is a Nobel Peace Prize-nominated, not-for-profit impact organization that delivers hands-on, immersive education in work readiness, financial health, and entrepreneurship. Our mission is to inspire and prepare young people for lifelong success by instilling in them the confidence, skills, and knowledge they need to thrive in the global economy.
Join us in a classroom to facilitate one of our free work readiness, financial health, or entrepreneurship programs to BC students in grades 4-12. JA programs are 4-5 hours in length and can be delivered in a variety of formats including half-day or multiple one-hour visits over several weeks. We work with your schedule and availability.
Volunteer opportunities are available around the province, in cities and small communities. We supply all of the program materials and arrange the visits. You supply the stories and real-world experience!
JA programs are fun, and hands-on and can transform a young person’s life. Join us and develop your presentation and public speaking skills. Deliver a program solo or facilitate a program with a friend/colleague/family member.
We are looking for volunteers who:
• Enjoy working with and mentoring young people
• Have a good command of the English language
• Feel comfortable presenting information and ideas to a class of students
• Are patient, flexible, organized, and engaging
• Business knowledge and experience are helpful, but not required
Volunteer with us as our facilitator/guest speaker and share your knowledge and experience delivering our many impactful programs. Your commitment time can range from 2-4 hours/program over 2-4 weeks.
Register to join JABC Community:
Contact Tam Dinh at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• For a full list of all BC-based opportunities, please visit our website: https://jabc.my.site.com/s/volunteer-opportunities