At CCS, the Wig Bank- Breast Prosthesis and Accessories Services Volunteers are vital in ensuring that all Canadians, no matter where they live, can access free wigs and breast accessories with just a simple call or click.
VOLUNTEER WIG BANK OVERVIEW – Kordyban Lodge, Prince George
The ideal candidate for this role has strong organizational skills and attention to detail, excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrates compassion and self-awareness in virtual and in-person settings and enjoys working in a team setting.
Knowledge and/or experience with hair dressing and styling are considered an asset.
As the Product Care volunteer, you will be responsible for:
- Washing and/or organizing the washing of the wigs
- Working with stakeholders for wig maintenance
- Validating the returned or donated wigs viability
- Maintaining and organizing the wig room
- This is a minimum 6-month commitment
- Monday – Friday, 4-6 hour per week – flexible hours per month
- Independent and teamwork responsibilities
Join the Canadian Cancer Society Kordyban Lodge team and help make a real difference for all Canadians impacted by cancer.
People from all walks of life with a variety of abilities and interests are welcome. Due to the scope of the role and responsibilities, volunteers must be at least 19 years of age or older.
Please click here to apply.