The Crisis Centre for Northern BC brings valuable mental health and suicide awareness workshops to youth in grades 5-7. We teach youth skills on how to help themselves, and their peers, when they are struggling and if suicide is ever a concern. Volunteering as a Youth Educator will involve facilitating interactive workshops with youth throughout Prince George.
In this position you will:
- Facilitate workshops that range from 45-60 minutes
- Present material to youth in various classrooms
- Ask questions and engage with youth
- Provide one-on-one emotional peer support after workshop sessions
- Teach youth how to cope with struggles in life
- Gain valuable communication skills
Background in social services (i.e. social work or something similar)
Experience facilitating would be an asset
Additional training will be provided
Please contact Jody Stronstad at email@example.com for more information.