Improving Youth Mental Wellbeing in Northern BC
Northern Health is seeking youth aged 16 – 24 to participate as a member of a small working group to design and co-create a Northern BC social media campaign focusing on youth mental health wellbeing. Apply by March 24, 2023.
Volunteers will participate virtually on a team, helping us to increase awareness among youth about mental health and connect them with resources to support their mental wellbeing. They will also test the campaign with friends and family, and potentially contribute video content (optional).
NH welcomes youth from diverse backgrounds, communities, and life experiences. We particularly encourage Indigenous youth, visible minority youth, LGBTQ2s+ and youth with disability to apply. Parental consent is required for youth under the age of 18.
- Make connections with like-minded youth across Northern BC.
- Be part of an exciting health promotion campaign to support youth to improve their mental well-being.
- Increase awareness of tools, supports and resources to help youth to develop balance in their lives.
- Gain volunteer hours.
- Work with NH employees and gain experience in media and communications in a professional environment.
Required skills and abilities
- Youth 16 – 24 living in Northern BC are invited to apply.
- Solid understanding of social media trends and functionality.
- Fluent with major platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Positive personal social media presence.
- Articulate and confident.
- Interest in creating short, memorable videos.
- Access to appropriate equipment for virtual meetings, such as a computer, phone, or Smartphone.
The project is expected to begin April 2023 and last about 3-6 months, with a one-hour meeting every two weeks.
Volunteers are expected to do reading, provide ideas and feedback, and/or complete other project work outside of meeting times.