The Canadian Cancer Society is looking for volunteers!
Relay for Life Volunteering Opportunity
Are social involvement and volunteering important to you?
Are you interested in events and fundraising?
Do you have a good network in your community and experience as a team leader, in project management, in sales, in communication or in fundraising?
Become a member of the Relay for Life 2021 [PRINCE GEORGE] organizing committee!
Several roles and tasks are available:
- Community Engagement Director, Relay for Life
- Logistics Director, Relay for Life
- Communications Lead
- Participant Engagement Lead
- Corporate Engagement Lead
- Community outreach
- and more.
Join the Relay for Life team and provide an extraordinary experience for hundreds of participants to fund Canadian research projects and provide services to your community.
Show your interest by registering as a volunteer candidate and then sign up for the appropriate role and
Your support is bigger than cancer.
Make a difference today!
BOARD MEMBERS NEEDED!
The Northern BC Crisis Centre is looking for Board Members. For more information or to volunteer, please contact Direct Line: 250-564-9658 or Email: executive.director@crisis-
Ready to become a Volunteer?
RIGHTS OF VOLUNTEERS
- To be treated as a co-worker
- To be given a suitable assignment
- To know as much about the organization as possible
- To receive training for the position
- To have regular evaluations of their performance
- To be given sound guidance and direction
- To be given opportunities for promotion and a variety of experience
- To be heard and be recognized
- To work in a healthy, safe and respectful environment
Did you know?
- 44% of people age 15 and up in Canada volunteer 2 billion hours per year.
- The highest rate of volunteering is those age 15-19 at 66% giving 110 hours/yr.
- The most hours given is by those age 55+ contributing 39% of all volunteer hours at 200+ hours/yr.
*This is according to the latest Canada Survey on Giving, Volunteering & Participating conducted by Statistics Canada in 2013.